Spring Break... Early Edition
The Taters and Tots have taken off for parts unknown this week... Well, actually, not parts entirely unknown. Just parts that are little known to most. Our friends invariably light up when we say my parents live in Breckenridge. You know they're all thinking we can hook them up for a cheap ski vacation in Colorado... haha. No, sadly, we mean Breckenridge, Texas. Ok, it's not really that sad. It's just not the mountains. They're SO much closer to us here than they used to be. And much closer than they would be if they really did live in Colorado.
We're here to visit because 1.) We haven't since Christmas, and 2.) Dad is leaving on a mission trip to Indonesia on Friday. I don't know about you, but when a family member of mine is going half way around the world for a couple weeks, something says inside of me that I should go see them. Just in case, you know.
So, this morning, Nathan got to do Reading and Math with Grannie B. It was exciting for him, mostly because Grannie puts up with a lot more silliness than Mom. Grannies are just wired that way. I've learned to accept it. And obviously the kids love it.
We're all having a 30 minute break right now. Everyone was up and at schoolwork by 7:30 this morning. I don't know what got into them except that it's beautiful here and they want to spend most of the day outside. Hallelujah for spring!!
Well, time's almost up for our break. I better go crack the whip :)
Love to all - Get out and enjoy the sunshine !!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home