New Beginnings
I hope this finds everyone who reads my mumbo-jumbo enjoying a great start to 2009!
We at the Tatum household have started off with a bang! Not literally, but figuratively, of course. Having had close to 3 weeks off from school, I , for one, was anxious to get started again this morning.
I spent the past few days writing out lesson plans and gathering materials for the next few weeks' assignments. We're working on lots of new concepts already, including gathering data and discussing probabilities in math, punctuation and singular and plural possessive nouns in language arts, and simple machines in science. We have lots of fun experiments coming up and we are all looking forward to the hands-on lessons.
Today, Kole and I did some work at the dry erase board in our home classroom. His assignment was to punctuate and capitalize where appropriate. I had written several sentences on the board, all in lowercase letters, and with no punctuation. It was a great feeling for both of us when he completed the assignment. He did such a great job! Way to go, Kole !!!!



I am very blessed to have 3 eager and cooperative students. Thanks to Riley, Kole and Nathan for being Star Students :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home